Sunday, September 9, 2012

"She Acts JUST Like You!"

One of Mom's favorite things to do was to rub it in point out how much Aspen was like me. I won't say that I never saw it, but I will say that the older she gets the more I see it. (I am sure that just thrills her.) Her latest act - Saturday was her first volleyball game for the season. I showed up about 15 minutes into the 7th grade game. Two of the eighth grade players were serving as line judges. When the game ended and the players changed sides, two different 8th grade players came in to be the line judges. With this being the first games for the 7th grade players, it was sort of a scrimmage. They had the girls play a third game, and you guessed it, two more 8th graders stepped in as line judges.

Aspen never once even pretended to have an interest in being line judge. The players that had served as line judges were the ones that Aspen calls "Coaches Favorites!" Later when I ask her why she didn't help be a line judge her response was, "I have better things to do than shag balls for the other girls!" Oh my goodness. Yes, she is mine. Guess I have to love her.

I saw this on one of my friends facebook page the other day. It is so me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh there are so, so, so many more things that are exactly like Shana! And all I can do is laugh!! Love you sis:)

    ReplyDelete