Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sew... Here we go!!

I have a really good friend who is having a baby boy in September! Inspired by my "this took two years/12 days of Christmas quilt" (no really it took two years and the combined efforts of my mom and aunt), I am moving on to a quilt that has a much more definitive timeframe. A few months ago I was at the world's greatest quilting shop, aka The Cabbage Rose, and I saw a pattern for a block quilt. This pattern boasts that it is suitable for beginners (that would be me) and so I figured I would give it a try:)


Recap of the pros and cons:
1. Simpler quilt than the 12 days of Christmas quilt
2. Quilt needs to be completed by September


According to my calculations I have approximately 135 days during which I can gaze adoringly at my beautiful fabric (pictured below), 4 days of gathering and regathering supplies, 3 days of actual frantic sewing, 1 day of making multiple repeated trips to Joann's and Hobby Lobby to purchase the supplies I actually needed AND 22 hours of phone time with my mom ahead!! Sounds like a plan to me:-)


Sew.... here we go!!



Wish me luck! 
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! I love these colors and can't wait to see the quilt. Looks like we need another craft day at Kelton!!

    ReplyDelete