You know how there are just times that you really feel old. I don't mean the aches and pains that we always complain about, I mean you look over and realize, Wow, how can I ... I'm not that old! I have been having those a lot lately. Maybe it has to do with the fact that in less than a month Cotton will be a Senior! Maybe it is because in less than a month the twins will be in the 8th grade. (How did that happen? I just took them to Preschool at NCA in August?) However it has happened, it is happening too often.
So this morning I am making my 2nd run to school to drop off Aspen. When I drop her off I always turn there in front of the church and head back toward Main street. So there I sit in my caddy SUV (that Cotton swears is a station wagon) waiting to turn onto Main when Jeff Procter, aka Little Jeff, turns in front of me to go take his daughter to school. He is in a light blue Mini Van. Really? When did this happen? It was just last weekend that I was driving the Chevette and he was driving his old Pickup and we were passing each other on Main street because we were all down there dragging Main! I did laugh a little. Kind of one of those - if we had know then moments., It also made me a little sad.
It is official - I am way old!! Maybe I should go lie down and take a nap!
:} Love you all,
Shana
No comments:
Post a Comment