Saturday, May 12, 2012

Momasita Rosarita

In true Gibson form, I am a day late. Why mess with tradition right? Yesterday was mom's birthday. I always felt bad that her birthday was so close to Mother's day. That has to stink in so many ways. She always had to celebrate Mother's Day and her birthday together. Not fair. You should get two times to celebrate, but we were lame.

So to honor mom this weekend here are a few things that were just so Mom.

I never understood how she could:
- Cut up everything perfect in her hand no cutting board needed
- Run on three hours of sleep
- Know how to make anything taste wonderful
- Be so creative

Momisms:
- Stop crying before I give you something to cry about
- How did I get so dumb in my ___ years and you get so smart in your ___
- Spit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one gets full the fastest
- Everyone needs a little walking around money

Mom's was always best:
- Fried chicken
- Hugs
- Vinegar cobbler
- Laundry

Those are a few of mine. What are your's?

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Tom posted this on my Facebook Wall. I feel the pain. There are some days I just can't figure out how to make things work on here. Thankfully for me, I had - JULIE TO THE RESCUE!!

    Tried to comment on your "That's How Mom Did It" wouldn't let me. (Not smart enough.) I do so miss her.. Find myself wanting to tell her someting real often..I too love the hot sauce & wondered also why the carrots but always put them in it. Now I need to make some!! Enyoyed the visit at lunch yesterday. ( "Hi" to Dawn, Bette, & Julie) Love you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss how she always had all those little bars of Dove soap by the sink, so you could mark on fabric and it would just wash right off. I miss the little candy bars in the refrigerator (that were for us kids... wink, wink). I miss hearing some one talk about the "beer ice box" and how cold the cokes were that came out of it. I miss having some one else that cries at literally every TV show like me. I miss talking to her about different recipes she tried or that she wants us to try. I miss her toast, so ridiculous how a piece of bread could be so delicious when Mamaw made it. I miss going to her house, because in my mind she is still sitting at her table, sewing and watching TV. I miss eating at her table with all of us talking at once and hearing her laugh.

    ReplyDelete