Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer

Well, school is out! As tradition would have it, I have a long to do list for the summer. My list includes some traveling, sewing and knitting, and of course cleaning and organizing. What my list doesnot include that I find myself missing is: going to the lake with our people. You know, not the blood relatives but the ones we chose to be famil, working in the garden (I miss this a lot less than the lake), and eating fresh vegetables. When I was younger, summer lasted longer and didn't seem to be so hot. Watermelons were also sweeter. I think maybe we should all have a slice of watermelon and sit in the sprinkler. And then I will start that to do list.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should take up water skiing again ;) I miss summer vacation with y'all and my overly gaseous brother! Summer is hotter now and unfortunately I didn't inherit your ''hot legs", just sad, spider veined pharmacist legs that are trapped in pants because they are too scary for daylight now:-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are nuts! The only thing that i liked about the lake was the tan that resulted from the HOURS of being in the boat. I did love the fresh veggies but hated picking and canning them. Those old swap coolers would make everything sticky.
    I loved riding our bikes on our street only, walking on the barrel, swinging on the swings that got so hot they would burn your butt, skating and skateboarding on our sidewalk that seemed miles long and playing on the slip and slide in the front yard. Summer was the best!

    ReplyDelete